Monday, July 19, 2010

I am alive (and well)!

What a blur the last 2 months has been! 


First and foremost, I want to share that Clayton is so close to being done with Chemo! My cousin, Michelle, shared this on Clayton's Caring Bridge website: 


"Four weeks.  Four weeks of chemo is all that is left! Four more shots to give.  20 more pills at bedtime.  That's it! In four weeks I'll give Clayton his last shot of chemo.  Then he will take his bedtime pills for one more week.  After that, he is off everything and we give his bone marrow about 3 weeks to get back to normal.  At that point we go to Wichita for a bone marrow biopsy for a final check to see if the leukemia cells have stayed gone. If all is well for the next 2-3 months he'll have surgery to get his port removed."


Awesome! I also hear there is a big party in the works to celebrate that this nearly three year journey is FINISHED. Yes! 


The best running news is that I completed (and loved) my first two marathons. San Diego (June 6) was awesome. The entire weekend was awesome. The Team in Training experience was incredible. 20 days later, I ran my second marathon (also with Team in Training, June 26) in Seattle. It was incredible, too! 


I wish I could put into words what it all meant to me. Obviously I'm having a tough time with that, hence the lack of race reports. The cool part was that I knew that I'd have a PR and a PW no matter what. So, no pressure. (I know you are curious, so here's the stats: San Diego - 4:48:44 and Seattle - 5:08:something) I ran both very smart, and I even smiled 98% of the time. I just loved it. And in Seattle I ran with my best running buddies, so of course that was awesome. No Ipod either race, just truly connecting with how awesome the entire experience is. I'm hooked. 


Pictures aren't uploading today so I will come back (soon, I swear!) with another post full of awesomeness. I met several blogger friends, met some incredible people (Kara Goucher? Dena Kastor? At the same time?!) and loved it. Just loved it. 


Here's where I'm at now, and what I have planned....and all Full Marathons: 


Sept. 6: American Discovery Trail Marathon (Colorado Springs, CO)
Oct. 10: Prairie Fire Marathon (Wichita, KS - and with Team in Training!) 
Oct. 17: Rock 'n Roll Denver (Duh.)
Dec. 5: Rock 'n Roll Vegas (Duh, again.) 


After loving those first two, and already knowing I was doing Denver and Vegas, I decided to go big and set a plan of "First 6 Marathons in 6 months". Whoot!


Thanks for hanging in there with me the past several months. I'm happy to be back to the world of blogging, and thrilled to have been bitten (and bitten hard!) by the Marathon Bug. I missed you all very much, and I am so thankful for your help and support and love. Runners Rock...especially Running Bloggers.