Monday, May 17, 2010

Mentally Prepared for Rain.

15 miles on schedule for Saturday - and 15 miles done. It rained. And rained. And rained. Bonus, I'm going to be fine if it rains in San Diego and/or Seattle. It kept us cool, and wasn't too much of a pain beyond my hair being one giant knot afterward and random droplets falling from the trees and hitting me in the face. Ouch! Yes, I'm sensitive, as Michele would say.  

I cannot believe how close I am. I don't even know what to say! Just one 20-miler, and one 13-miler (with my regular runs in between) and I'll be heading to San Diego. Sweet! 

My dear running buddy and friend, Yvette, purchased a copy of Run Like a Mother for me. It was such a kind gesture, and she wrote the sweetest note on the cover. I didn't even know Yvette (or Michele, or Madison) before our running journey started. And now, they're my friends for life. Warm fuzzies. 

Now I know why everyone loves that book so much! It really is awesome. I'm not too far in, though have throughly enjoyed it. 

Yvette and I are heading out for 6-miles on the "hills" this evening. "Hills". All of the locals know why I use quotes. Pretty flat, here. 

In fundraising news, I am now less than $500 away from the $10,000 mark this season. Yay! (If you click the link, it isn't all showing up yet. But most of it should sometime this week. Score!) Thank you to all of my blogging buddies who have donated. You are all awesome. And so are all of my blogging buddies who haven't donated. Just showing your support has meant the world to me. Tight-knit group, these runners are! 

Oh, and side note. I'm running Rock 'n Roll Denver on October 17. And Rock 'n Roll Vegas on December 5. My switch has officially been flipped. I'll officially add them to my "list" as soon as register. Whoohoo!