Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just a touch of Sickness.

This week has been much more of a doosey! The little girls must have coughed in my face one too many times. I got my mileage in Monday...but felt so puny that I took a "sick day" on Tuesday. I rested and chugged Emergen-C and hoped for the best. I was so thankful that my training scheduled called for 0-3 miles, so I haven't messed myself up with regard to getting my runs in. I got up this morning determined to get my six miles in (schedule called for 4-6), and I did...technically. If I include my warm up/cool down walking.

Amazingly, I felt better while running than I have any time in the past two days. Yesterday I even longed for a nice, easy two-miler. I have to remind myself sickness happens and it is best to rest when your body is telling you to. Especially when the training schedule allows for it! What I definitely do not want is prolonged sicknesses due to being a dummy and not listening to my body.

Mileage this week:

Monday: 5 miles (plus .25 warm up and .75 cool down)
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: 5 miles (plus .25 warm up and .75 cool down)

I think I have finally answered the question of whether or not to include my warm up and cool down in my mileage. When the training schedule calls for a range of mileage, I am counting it. When it calls for a specific number, as starts next week on one of the days, I will not count it. I will still type it out, though. Heaven forbid my OCD self messes up a "list". Ha.

In other news:

I am a winner! I won a fabulous pair of Recovery Socks (in fuchsia, thankyouverymuch) on Melanie's blog: Tall Mom on the Run. Thank you for the great giveaway, Mel! And thank you to the folks at The Recovery Sock for providing the swag! I am excited to test them, especially as my mileage increases!