Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Shout Out - Week 1

Each Sunday, I will be giving a "shout out" to friends, family and strangers who are helping me reach my monetary goal for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

This was a short week (I literally put the page up yesterday).  Still, my friend Jessica in Guam stepped up to the plate as my first donor. Jessica and I met online - we've "known" each other more than 5 years! My oldest daughter and her oldest son share a birthday (she also has a very darling baby girl). One of Jessica's best friends (Suzanne) has Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APL) and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is near and dear to Jessica, for obvious reasons. Thank you, Jessica! (And way to fight it, Suzanne! You rock.)

Another lovely lady I know named Tracey lives in Ohio. She's another one of those that I have "known" and became close with over 5 years ago online. Tracey's daughters are the same ages as my two oldest  daughters - and adorable to boot! I am so thankful to Tracey for her help. Thank you, Tracey! You can see Tracey's blog here.

In Other News:

I was able to get my new running shoes yesterday - though I have yet to test them out. They are running shoes that are good for me, whereas I typically purchase shoes because they are cute. Thankfully these aren't terrible looking at all.

Socks were another item on my list. Who knew socks could be so amazing? I nearly jumped for joy when I put on Balega socks at the store. The socks actually made the decision for me on which shoes to get. I guess that giant package of socks from Sam's will still be good for days I am going to the gym and not running.

Here's to a great week! Yay for socks and shoes!