Friday, January 29, 2010

Training "officially" starts soon!

I was in a decent working out and jogging rhythm a few weeks ago. Then I took the plunge and signed up for this marathon. Then my knee started giving me trouble. Knowing how much I will be running the next few months, I decided the wise thing to do would be to sit this week out and rest, ice, etc. I think it has helped. I don't see it as something that will keep me from running - but it is something I will watch for and take care of as the training becomes more intense.

Training officially begins February 8th. Needless to say I am excited! From the look of the schedule, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday will be business as usual (not much more than I was doing otherwise). Wednesday will be the day I dig deep and force myself to get it done, as I will either be up at 4:15am running (and praying the girls don't wake up) or leaving after they go to bed to get it done. And of course Saturday is my very long run day. I have to admit, it is something I look forward to...especially given the "team" aspect and knowing I won't be going at it alone.

I am reminded daily what a mental game exercise is. Taking this week off was rough mentally, despite knowing it is for the best. I can't believe how much easier the mental aspect is with inspiration and strength coming through Clayton and Kaylon.

Yesterday was the two-year anniversary of Clayton and his family receiving the "official" diagnosis. When I think of that, my silly knee problem becomes insignificant. I am thankful.