Friday, February 26, 2010

Awesome x 2

The same group from the Wednesday early morning (cold) run gathered again on Thursday for a four mile adventure.

Silly me tossed out the idea of mile repeats. We warmed up a mile, then did a mile fast, then gave up and said "We're not doing that again."  It was good to get out of our comfort zone, and it truly shows me that what I struggle with may be exactly what I need. I'm sore.

1 - 10:21
2 - 8:10 (It hurt. A lot.)
3 - 10:44
4 - 10:24

The good news is that the 10 minute miles felt so easy compared to our "normal" 9-something miles. So I must be improving. Either that, or 10 minutes just felt way easy compared to the 8:10!  I have to admit, it was nice to know what I am capable of.

That said, all of you who are working to qualify for Boston AMAZE me! I cannot imagine keeping a pace in the 8's for 26.2 miles. Hats off to you, rockstars! It is truly amazing to think about your speed!

Today is rest day. I love it. I needed it after yesterday. I am so excited for the Team in Training run tomorrow! So nice to enjoy the company of everyone in the big group. Go Team!