Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Shout Out: Week Three

What a great week! Got all of my runs in. Had our first Team run. Tried out more running socks. Found out that Target carries "Sharkies" and also carries Clif "Bloks". Nice to try a package before buying multiple packages. (In defense of GU - I've never actually tried it. But I'm not sure I can handle the texture. I will try it at some point...I promise.)

On to the Shout Outs for this week.

Debra and her husband were my youth group sponsors at the Lutheran Church I attended through most of high school. They moved to Colorado and it left a big hole in my heart. I'm so thankful to have kept in touch with their family since then, and more recently it is easy thanks to Facebook. I always used to call them "Mommy and Daddy", though they didn't have kids at the time. Now they have a beautiful daughter. I always knew they would be great parents! Deb participated in a Team in Training marathon in Colorado, and she was kind enough to be proud of me and my efforts. Thank you so much, Deb! I'm thankful for the influence you had on my life. You guys are still so special to me!

Mignon is awesome. I knew she was awesome in general, and then in talking with her recently, I learned she is quite the marathon rockstar, too! She has been a wealth of information to me. And, even more exciting is that she will be running the Rock 'n Roll Seattle marathon on June 26, also! She'll finish a few hours before me. She is speedy! I've known Mignon a few years now, and she probably knows more about me than she cares to. Laser hair removal at the office where she works + me having no pain tolerance = me passed out cold...enough said. Thank you for your support, Mignon!

Here is the story I mentioned yesterday. Cindy and her son, Connor, are neighbors of ours. We hadn't met until Tuesday morning when Connor and I had a run in. Literally. His truck into my car. Very minimal damage. Seriously, not even worth having looked at. Cindy expressed the importance of teaching her kids to be thankful when someone is gracious, so she offered gift certificates, etc. to say "thank you". I told her the best thank you I could receive is a donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to support my efforts. She and Connor both donated. Thank you both so much. This was a great lesson for me to learn as a parent, too. You rock!

Last, but not least, are Little Jon and Cadi Anna. They are our darling friends from Texas! Linda and Big Jon (their Mom and Dad) must have helped them out...though it wouldn't surprise me if Little Jon becomes a computer whiz like his Daddy! I adore this family, and their friendship means the world to me. Linda is one of those friends I met online and who has been a permanent staple in my life ever since. She has a heart of gold. They've come to Kansas, we've gone to Texas - multiple visits with their family. We just love them. Linda even suffered through a Britney Spears concert...just for me! Thank you all so much for your love and support. I love you guys!

In other news:

Sunday called for 0 miles (Level 2) or 2 miles (Level 3).  Today I went for Level 2. I feel mildly slackerish, but I also feel great. I'm ready to hit my 4-6 miles tomorrow!

Here's to a great week!