Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mileage Update

Hello Everyone! Hope the last half of your week and the start of your weekend were great!

Thursday was a rough one. I woke up feeling a bit off, and thought I was getting sick. I knew at 4 that afternoon if I didn't hit the treadmill, there was no way I was going to get my mileage in for the day. Level 2 called for 3-4 miles and Level 3 called for 4-6 miles. I was aiming for an easy three. Walking. Turns out, sometimes just putting in the effort makes for a great day...

*Thursday: 5 miles(!) (Plus .25 warm up and .75 cool down)

Friday was my rest day. It wasn't very restful, minus the fact I didn't have to run. I'm so thankful things worked out the way they did and that my most hectic day was a day I didn't have to squeeze in a training session. Whew!

*Friday: REST

Today was my first "Team" run: a five-miler. It was awesome. I am such a wimp about running outside in the cold. There was a windchill of 20-something this morning, but I warmed up quite nicely about 3/4 of a mile in and found a couple of ladies with a similar pace. Ended up with negative splits, even. We finished our five miles just under 48 minutes. Not too shabby for my first time outdoors in the cold - it was great to have fellow teammates to push me! I already love being part of the Team.

*Saturday/Team Run: 5 miles (and walked a bit after)

I have a neat story coming up tomorrow in the "Sunday Shout Out". Donations can come about in the strangest of ways. Wild week!

Have a fantastic Saturday!